Vendor Amusements

Welcome, Guest. Please Login
11/23/14 at 19:16:12

Home Home Help Help Search Search Login Login
MESSAGE BOARD FOR AMUSEMENT OPERATORS - email bbs@vendoramusements.com to register! « To our Chinese friends... »

MESSAGE BOARD FOR AMUSEMENT OPERATORS - email bbs@vendoramusements.com to register!OperatorsGeneral Chat (Moderator: Forum God) « Previous Topic | Next Topic »

To our Chinese friends... (Read 4883 times)
Forum God
YaBB Administrator
To our Chinese friends...
on: 04/16/8 at 10:16:53

particularily the ones who have been spamming and attempting to hack our server:
Because of you, I will be making a serious attempt to block your entire COUNTRY from accessing our website and message board.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Comments, editorials, etc. posted on this website or message boards are not necessarily those of Vendor Amusements, but solely of the webmaster.
View Profile WWW IP Logged
Forum God
YaBB Administrator
Re: To our Chinese friends...
Reply #1 - on: 05/30/8 at 09:15:25

Forum God wrote on 04/16/8 at 10:16:53:
particularily the ones who have been spamming and attempting to hack our server:
Because of you, I will be making a serious attempt to block your entire COUNTRY from accessing our website and message board.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

The list has been expanded to include:
Spain
Japan
Russia
Lithuania
UK
Denmark
Mumbai
Africa
Comments, editorials, etc. posted on this website or message boards are not necessarily those of Vendor Amusements, but solely of the webmaster.
Forum God
YaBB Administrator
Reply #2 - on: 06/18/8 at 15:19:19

Furthermore - anyone outside of Canada, the USA, maybe the UK who I see accessing our server, your entire subnet will be blocked. Go farm for emails to spam somewhere else!

It you are legitimately in the business, and live in a foreign country other than those listed above, contact me at:
bbs AT vendoramusements DOT com
Robb
Reply #3 - on: 06/19/8 at 13:27:08

Chinese bots are making a mess of forums all over the last 1 1/2 months.  I shut my WellsGardner server down to the public the bandwidth was going nuts.

Look at this place, Very handy to stop these spammers.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login Login
View Profile IP Logged
Forum God
YaBB Administrator
Reply #4 - on: 06/19/8 at 14:27:15

Robb wrote on 06/19/8 at 13:27:08:
Chinese bots are making a mess of forums all over the last 1 1/2 months.  I shut my WellsGardner server down to the public the bandwidth was going nuts.

Look at this place, Very handy to stop these spammers.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login Login

Since I implemented an email confirmation for new users, plus not allowing guest posting, we haven't had one spam message on here.

However, I see lots of attempted hacks everyday on our firewall. Using Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login Login (which points to ripe.net for Europe, etc.) I use their IP address to figure out what the subnet they are coming from:
i.e. here is one I just blocked, from Italy - IP address 62.123.55.107

If I go to Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login Login, and do a Whois Search, it tells me that this address is managed through the RIPE region, which is most of Europe. So I follow the link to Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login Login, and do a Whois Search on 62.123.55.107. It shows me:
inetnum:  62.123.0.0 - 62.123.127.255
netname: ACEATELEFONICA
descr:      Atlanet Network
descr:      Telecommunications Services Provider

So I then block the entire subdomain, 62.123.0.0 - 62.123.127.255
This saves me WAY more time instead of manually blocking each hackers IP address.
Ken_Layton
Reply #5 - on: 04/15/9 at 14:55:40

Technician

I just checked it out. These guys are very good at documenting and detailing the forum spammers:

View Profile IP Logged
Ken_Layton
Reply #6 - on: 04/15/9 at 19:47:48

Technician

According to their site, our new member "reactorrfz" is a spammer:

View Profile IP Logged
Ken_Layton
Reply #7 - on: 04/16/9 at 20:35:56

Technician

So is "XenuAntiSpd".
View Profile IP Logged

MESSAGE BOARD FOR AMUSEMENT OPERATORS - email bbs@vendoramusements.com to register!OperatorsGeneral Chat (Moderator: Forum God) « Previous Topic | Next Topic »

MESSAGE BOARD FOR AMUSEMENT OPERATORS - email bbs@vendoramusements.com to register! » Powered by YaBB 2.1!
YaBB © 2000-2008. All Rights Reserved.